Red Band Trailer for Funny People Online


Thanks to Trailer Addict (who gives credit to MySpace for this), the red band trailer for Funny People, Judd Apatow's latest project, is available and not out of sync like at some other locations. When I saw the initial preview, I wasn't impressed. Adam Sandler as a man-baby? Then it turns out that's just a show within the movie. Thank goodness. Sandler's been hit and miss for a while. I enjoyed Bedtime Stories, but Chuck and Larry was awful.

Seth Rogen's skill continues to improve, in my opinion. I still can't imagine him as the Green Hornet, but the guy can be funny and sensitive at the same time. Jonah Hill seems to be the same as always. Oh well. And Leslie Mann? The crush remains.

Apparently Sandler's character has a near-death experience and has to do some evaluation of his life. The only stand-up comic whom I knew was an alcoholic who would hit on other guys' girlfriends. I think one of those guys gave him a near-death experience with a tire iron. Sober up, dude.

Comments

One response to “Red Band Trailer for Funny People Online”

Ritchie said...
July 10, 2009 at 12:30 AM

The man-baby thing was pretty funny (in a very small dose, of course). This trailer is very different than the normal trailer which focuses a lot more on Sandler's character finding out he is going to live and fighting to get the ex love of his life back (regardless of her perfect marriage and beautiful kids). It looks decent, but I think I'll wait for the DVD.

Post a Comment